Counseling ministry working toward a movement in Christ-centered biblical counseling
The Owen Center
The Center is named for John Owen, the 17th century English scholar and pastor. He represents a generation of Christian leaders who understood the human condition and applied the words and work of Christ for its recovery.
To this day, The Owen Center remains a counseling ministry working toward a movement in Christ-centered biblical counseling in East Alabama.
Hurting people long for clear insight and deep healing. Ideas penetrate the human condition only so far. Transparency is ultimately too shallow. God sent a Person to heal our brokenness: His Son, Jesus Christ. He is living truth who knows you fully, who alone can change you completely.
The Owen Center is church-oriented. We are convinced that Christ’s church is His primary carrier for the transformation of people and culture. The Owen Center serves as an intensive care unit for hurting people while we work with Christian leaders, where possible, to build and grow safe places for broken people in every church.
Counseling individuals, marriages and families by appointment.
Teaching seminars on personal, family, church and community renewal.
Developing a community network of Support Groups (addiction, grief, disorders) in mutual referral relationships.
Enriching church leaders and leadership teams.
Mediating church leadership and congregational conflict.
- Our counseling focuses on knowing, trusting and following Jesus Christ, the crucified and risen Lord and Savior, the ultimate remedy for personal and relational brokenness.
- Our counseling understands and honors all people as those made in the image of God.
- Our counseling relies upon the true words about ourselves and about Jesus revealed in the Bible. We counsel convinced that God’s Word has the authority and sufficient truth for every life and circumstance. That same Word invites everyone to live in a personal, healing relationship with Christ.
- Our counseling conduct is guided by the love, kindness, truth and compassion of Jesus, the great Shepherd and Counselor.
- Our counseling seeks deep and lasting transformation of the inner life and the outward lifestyle.